This five-day, instructor-led course explains how to implement and configure new Windows Server 2016 features and functionality. This course presumes a high level of knowledge about previous Windows Server technologies and skills equivalent to the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 credential. This course provides updates to students' existing Windows Server knowledge and skills, as they pertain to Windows Server 2016.
- Two or more years of experience with deploying and managing Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 environments; NS experience with day-to-day Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 system-administration management and maintenance tasks.
- Experience with Windows networking technologies and implementation.
- Experience with Active Directory technologies and implementation.
- Experience with Windows Server virtualization technologies and implementation.
- Knowledge equivalent to the MCSA credentials of Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012.
This course is for IT professionals who are experienced Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 system administrators, with real-world experience working in a Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2008 enterprise environment. Additionally, students should have obtained the MCSA credential for Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012, or they should have equivalent knowledge.
- Install and configure Windows Server 2016.
- Describe storage in Windows Server 2016. Implement directory services.
- Implement Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
- Describe networking. Implement Hyper-V.
- Configure advanced networking features.
- Implement software-defined networking.
- Implement remote access.
- Deploy and manage Windows and Hyper-V containers.
- Implement failover clustering.
- Implement failover clustering by using virtual machines.
- Official Microsoft Courseware
- Hands-on Activities
- Exam voucher, valid for 1 year