This course is designed for the information security practitioner who champions system security commensurate with an organization's mission and risk tolerance, while meeting legal and regulatory requirements. It conceptually mirrors the NIST system authorization process in compliance with the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-130, Appendix III. Led by an (ISC)²® authorized instructor, the CAP® training seminar provides a comprehensive review of information systems security concepts and industry best practices. The CAP® certification covers the RMF at an extensive level - it’s the only certification under the DoD 8570 Mandate that aligns to each of the RMF steps.
A minimum of two years cumulative, paid, full-time work experience in one or more of the seven (7) domains of the CAP® Common Body of Knowledge (CBK).
The CAP® is ideal for IT, information security and information assurance practitioners, ISSOs, ISSMs, and contractors who use the RMF in the US federal government, the military or federal contractors.
- Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Categorization of Information Systems
- Selection of Security Controls
- Security Control Implementation
- Information System Authorization
- Monitoring of Security Controls
- Official (ISC)²® Course Material
- Pre-Exam Assessment
- Evening Review Sessions
- Exam Voucher (expires in 1 year)
- In-class Internet Access
- Personal Computer Station